What You Should Know About Elective Surgery and Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
This communication is to keep our patients informed through the COVID-19 Pandemic. The safety of our patients, visitors, team, and our community remain our top priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented operational adjustments to protect those entrusted to our care for patients that consent to move forward with elective surgery. These measures have been taken employing guidance from the American College of Surgeons.
Surgical Center of the Rockies is not an inpatient facility, we do not have inpatient beds, and we do not treat known or suspected COVID-19 patients. In order to mitigate potential exposure to those in our center to the COVID-19 virus, we would like to outline the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community.
- Patients and visitor(s) will be screened upon arrival and prior to entry
- Cases may be rescheduled based on the outcome of the screening process
- The current screening process includes:
- A brief questionnaire to be completed by the patient
- A teammate of the center will take temperatures for all patients/visitors
- We will continually assess the situation and revise our protocols as needed, and will make you aware of any new updates prior to your arrival
- Each patient will be limited to one responsible party/loved one and we ask that this party does not enter the facility
- Rather, we kindly ask that this individual wait in their car (exceptions will be considered for patients 17 years and younger and those requiring special needs)
- Patients will be required to wear a mask during their visit
- While in the waiting room, our patients and visitors will maintain social distancing guidelines; we have spaced seating appropriately to assist with this request
Our teams continue to work diligently to provide high quality and safe care. Additional information related to your visit is listed below.
Preparing for Your Visit:
- Your visit may take longer than expected due to the adjustments we have made to ensure your safety
- Your post op instructions may be given to your responsible party/loved one via telephone; please be sure to have an up to date phone number you can provide our team
- If your responsible party/loved one has questions during your treatment, they may call 719-418-4244
- Please list this person as someone we may discuss personal information with on your admission paperwork
Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this time, we look forward to taking care of you.
You can find more information on COVID-19 prevention, as well as guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and American College of Surgeons at:
CDC.gov on How to Protect Yourself & Others